Summer is drawing closer and it’s the right time to look for that perfect summer dress. One of the best things about summer is being able to switch from heavy woollens and multiple layers to much lighter looks.
Nowadays, it has become quite fashionable to wear different dresses for different seasons, and when it comes to light and comfortable outfits what better than a summer dress. In-fact bright and colourful clothes complement the sunny, sultry weather perfectly.
Elizabeth Berg- an American nurse turned writer says,
If a summer were a girl, she’d always be lying stretched out in the grass in a long white dress, her arms over her head, her eyes half closed.
A summer dress always looks better without tights or stockings. It is about letting the skin get some sun and thus unintentionally, a summer dress is perceived as a very sexy outfit.
Summer dresses are often worn without make-up. It is a very effortless, fresh look. In-fact the more make-up you wear, the more artificial you look with a summer dress on. A lot of women like to wear high heels with summer dresses but most of them forget that the USP of a summer dress is the freedom and lightness of fabric, the purpose of which is defeated by uncomfortable stilettos or high heels. It is best to wear sandals, flip-flops, sneakers etc. along with a summer dress.
Summer dresses are quite versatile and useful for tennis, hiking, cycling and can easily do with parties also. In short a summer dress is a cocktail dress.
HOW DO I FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR ME?
Let us look at a few simple steps to follow while looking for a summer dress:
1) Avoid dark colours– dark colours are synonymous with gloomy winters Light ones keeps cool.
2) Keep the fabric light-in high temperatures; the fabric plays an important role. Though synthetic materials like nylon and vinyl are available in plenty and are cheap, simple natural organic cotton is the best choice for a summer dress. Organic cotton does not irritate the skin and the best part is its ventilation and its ability to absorb sweat, which there is likely to be a lot of in summer!.
3) Consider the kind of activities you are involved in all day long– if you are someone very busy and active, then it’s better to choose knee length dress as it provides more freedom and doesn’t restrict the movement of your legs.
4) During weddings– it is best to wear the ones with beautiful work, bright and colourful prints, but plain ones also look good if accessorized well.
5) Last but not the least The Budget– if you are one of those who do not want to spend a fortune on your clothes, then look for summer dresses online. They usually are lot cheaper than most of those high-street stores in fancy malls.
Here is a hand-picked collection of some of our favourite summer dresses:-
Super cute white summer dress with red roses printed, orange-red blazer and orange wedges. This is an ideal option for a party or a wedding.
Beautiful summer dress- maxi style with vertical stripes over white cotton and a wide open back that’s really sexy!
Navy blue and white stripes worn with a beautifully matching buckled handbag looks perfect for a boat-ride. Works well for a summer wedding too.
This one gives you a feeling of being in Greece or some place exotic. Nothing says summer like a white crochet lace, off-shoulder dress. Best worn on a picnic or a casual day-out.
This one is more of an 80’s look but still very much in vogue. The beautiful green print with those pearly-white stilettos and a pearl set to go with it is apt for a wedding or a formal dinner.
Related: Go Glitterati In Cocktail Dresses
This gorgeous dress was made for a safari in the hot deserts of Africa. That beautiful hat with long danglers looks perfect. Can also be worn on an idyllic beach vacation.
This off-shoulder casual summer dress with simple hand bag and slippers with matching shades looks perfect for shopping girl’s day out.
Beautiful banana yellow sleeveless dress with denim jacket and a hot pink handbag looks adorable and is ideal for a movie date on a hot summer’s day!
This simple white summer dress with navy blue floral prints is one you simply can’t go wrong with. Perfect for just about anything you want to do this summer.
This simple lace dress with those brown leather boots and a matching the purse is an absolute must-have in every girl’s wardrobe. The combination of those boots and a super-short summer dress is quite unusual and surprisingly goes well!
Related: Floral Jeans for the flowery you
This one is more of a formal type of summer dress. Can be worn to work, weddings and parties.
So what are you waiting for? Now is the time to stock-up on those cute summer dresses. Not to mention, it’s also the best time to get steal deals before summer actually sets in. But before selecting one…just keep in mind the five thumb rules to choose the right summer dress and you’re ready to set the summer on fire!