Weddings are truly made in heaven and the ceremonies that form a part of it give you the glimpse of heaven indeed. An Indian wedding is about grand ceremonies and following rituals. These rituals prepare the path for the groom and the bride for their marital bliss. The ceremonies are as per the culture and origin of the couple. Our Indian culture believes in the institution of marriage very strongly and considers it to be a sacred thing. Indian wedding promotes happiness, harmony and growth. This belief is dated back to Vedic times. It is an elaborate affair, celebrated from three to five days and sometimes even more. The rituals have evolved from the traditional ways and are now influenced by western culture. These days’ brides and grooms make their own choices and celebrate in a much personalized way and bridesmaids are no exception to these ceremonies. The bridesmaid dresses also chosen in sync with the bride’s attire. Fish cut lehenga also known as mermaid cut lehengas are widely choosen as the new trend this season.
Role and Importance of Bridesmaids
Indian weddings and bridesmaids? Well, that’s no more of a western culture and Indian brides were always accompanied by their sister, cousins and friends on their big day. Bridesmaids are an essence of any wedding and bring out their wittiness to the wedding ceremonies. These bridesmaids could be the bride’s sisters or friends who are a part of every ritual taking place during the wedding. Like the western culture they support an attire co-ordinating with the brides outfit. It’s one of the most wonderful ideas to have your sisters and friends close to you on your wedding day. She is usually unmarried and in the case if married is referred as the Matron of Honor. After all, they understand you better and would be able to handle your last moment jitters better.
They will do the following things and more:
- Accompanying the bride for every shopping trip and help her with wedding invites.
- They will be a part of ribbon baraat ceremony as and when the baraat arrives and demand an entry fee from the groom.
- They will perform the job of hiding the groom’s shoes and ask for a ransom amount in return.
- Your bridesmaid will easily fetch some snack for you the moment you feel those hunger pangs.
- They even help you to fluff your wedding lehenga when the need arises.
- She provides an emotional support to the bride and is at her best in spite of the never ending rituals and the stress.
- Play the perfect hostess to the guests.
- Keeping the bride laughing and stress free.
Bridal party is soon becoming a hit in India. After all your bridesmaids do for you, it is your duty to treat them with gifts specially handpicked for them. You can either give them a similar gift or may give each one of them a personalized gift.
Dressing Etiquettes, and Colours to be worn for the weddings
There is a wide range of bridal wear especially Indian wedding lehengas for the brides and something similar but with less grandeur for the bridesmaid as well. It becomes difficult to choose attire that matches both your style and is appropriate for the ceremony. Fish cut lehenga choli is quite suitable for hour glass body type which brings out your curves very well. Fish cut lehenga collection is varied with staright cuts or frills or layers at the bottom from knee to the ankle.
1. Tips for Morning Wedding:
- A morning wedding is informal in nature and gives you the freedom to wear anything that’s comfortable and stylish.
- Bright prints and colours are the perfect choice for a morning wedding. You could blend these colours in your outfit.
- You could even opt for bright fish cut lehengas or mermaid cut lehengas with a traditional blouse design. You can also choose to wear a salwar suit along with brightly coloured dupatta.
- Flat sandals and low heels are okay for a morning wedding, but make sure it’s something classy.
- Avoid wearing all black as it is in auspicious according to Indian customs.
2. Tips for Evening Wedding:
- Choose an elegant floor length anarkali or the a salwar kameez with zari and stone work as they will make you shine with all the flashing lights in the wedding.
- Darker colours are appropriate for evening weddings. Avoid cottons and go for falling materials like georgettes and crepes.
- Heels are the most preferred option.
Indian weddings always demand for warm and bright colours rather than pastel colours for vibrancy. Colours like red, orange, pink, purple, blue, and green are better and safer choices. Makeup for an indoor evening wedding should be chosen with caution as it would reflect in the flashlight and artificial lighting. For the morning weddings, the natural light works well by hiding many flaws on your skin. Choose a colour that flatters and reflects on your natural skin tone and if you are slightly plump then wear darker colours that make you look slimmer. Fish cut lehengas look quite flattering with contrast colours or double shaded dupatta and blouse.
17 Gorgeous Fish cut Lehengas for the Bridesmaid
1. Beautiful Peach Fish Cut Lehenga Choli:
This piece makes you look stunning with stones and beads studded in decorative patterns and crystals that make it look ravishing on the patchwork border which further beautifies the lehenga choli.
2. Shaded Red Net and Net Jacquard Lehenga Choli with Dupatta:
Increase your charm and beauty with this piece. A shaded red net lehenga with a silver brocade patch work and embellished with zari and stones for the blouse.
3. Classy White Mermaid Cut Lehengas:
The self embroidery work beautifies the lehenga with Purple border patch work. It comes with a white and purple blouse embellished with stone work.
4. Designer Fish Cut Lehenga Choli:
This lehenga is decorated with stone, zari and cut work alluring. This velvet piece has a delphinium jaal pattern that makes it a perfect choice for the bridesmaids..
5. Black Net Mermaid Cut Lehengas with Pink Dupatta:
This black lehenga comes with pink patch border and embroidered with resham, zari and beads. The pink dupatta compliments with the pink and black velvet blouse.
6. Embroided Fish Cut Lehenga:
The lehenga is covered with floral patch and adorned with mirror and stone embroidery all over the lehenga in different patterns of flowers, leaves and arcs. The dupatta is beautifully done in green with embroidery and a patch border.
7. Grey Shimmer Chiffon Lehenga Choli:
The fish cut choli is crafted with resham tread and embroidered patterns at the bottom in blue colour.
8. Sea Green Long Choli Lehenga:
This fish cut lehenga is in sea green with floral and dark blue velvet patch border and blouse with a net dupatta. The choli is long and has sequins and crystals all over the lehenga bottom.
9. Beige Net Lehenga Choli with Dupatta:
The lehenga is designed with resham, zari, stones, gota lace and patch border work. The choli is done in net with gold buttis and patch work.
10. Graceful Yellow & Red Lehenga Choli:
The lehenga is decorated with stones, and crystals. The red velvet border patch work on the hemline and a red dupatta looks classy on this yellow lehenga.
11. Opulent Magenta Net Lehenga Choli:
This Indian wedding lehenga is artistic with embroidered foliage patterns and has a silk border patch work. The resham thread and sequins work to beautify it.
12. Android Green Net Lehenga Choli:
This fish cut lehenga comes in android green colour. Has zari thread and velvet patch border on the lower patch.
13. Orange Net and Faux Georgette lehenga:
It has a golden fully done choli and pink net dupatta.
14. Multicoloured Mermaid cut Lehengas:
Add a pinch of neon with this multicoloured lehenga. It is embroidered with cut beads and patch border work. A dark peach net dupatta completes the look.
15. Maroon Net Fish Cut Lehenga :
A royal clad! It’s a marronish fish cut lehenga enhanced with stones and buttis.
16. Blue and Pink Net Mermaid Cut Lehengas:
The georgette choli is blue and sea green in colour with net A-line sequins. A net jacket is worn with it.
17. Fish Tail Net Lehenga Choli with Dupatta:
It has a shimmer inner to it. The royal fish cut lehenga has patch border on the hemline and also at the bottom designed with stones and cut beads. The blouse is done in brocade with a sweet heart nekline.
We mentioned weddings are made in heaven, so make sure you dress up like an angel with these fish cut Indian wedding lehengas. There isn’t a thing to frown if you are chosen as a bridesmaid, in fact consider yourself the lucky one and put your best foot forward as might find someone whose might ask you for a date.