Mehandi is an integral part of Indian and Islam culture. Weddings and festivals like Karva Chauth, Teej, Bhai Dooj, Vat Purnima, Eid, Moharram etc witnessed women applying mehandi as a part of the celebrations. Custom of applying Mehandi before the occasion has a specific meaning behind it. Mehandi helps one to feel relaxed and cheerful. Mehandi is a herbal medicine which can lower the temperature of the body, thus regulating a proper blood flow in the body.
Mehandi is regarded as a symbol of prosperity and piousness in our Indian society. Apart from this, Mehandi also symbolizes style. It enhances your look, boosts your confidence and is one of the easiest mechanisms for decorating your body, especially hands. Even simple mehandi designs appear to be the most beautiful of all. Mehandi can have variants like shining stones, flashy stickers, sparkles etc to look remarkable.
Preparation of Mehandi
Mehandi is easy to prepare. The leaves of the plant Lawsonia Inermis are plucked, dried and made into mehandi powder. This powder is soaked for few hours with adequate amount of water for making a paste. This paste is filled inside cones. Now the tip of the cone needs to be slightly cut or as per the desired thickness of the mehandi linings. You are free to move the cone the way you like. After the application of mehendi, do not forget to put a few drops of the mixture of eucalyptus oil, clove oil and lemon; to it at regular intervals. This will aid in darkening the color of the mehendi.
Whenever one is trying something new on his or her skin, then it is always recommended to do the skin test on a small area prior to application over the entire skin area. If an allergic reaction is observed on your skin then abstain the use of mehandi.
Here is a Collection of Few Stunning Mehandi Designs for Hands:
Traditional Mehandi Designs for Hands
Indian Traditional Mehandi are simple mehandi designs used across the globe. These mehandi designs are specific designs which are suitable on all occasions. These have a special ethnic appeal and every time you look at them, they just remind you of the rich Indian heritage. The flower motifs, petals, mango and peer shapes, deity designs can be beautifully incorporated in the Traditional Mehandi patterns.
- This simple yet elegant mehandi design, has touched the hearts of many and is widely used. The mehandi can be stretched all over the arms as well.
- In this particular design, the empty spaces are kept in equal proportion to the area covered by the mehandi. The light reflected adds a pinkish tinge to the earthy brown mehandi linings.
- This basic template design is easy to learn and easy to make. You can introduce variations in it by using colored glitter materials or by increasing empty spaces, anything as per your choice. Go ahead and continue to inspire others with it.
Bridal Mehandi Designs for Hands
One of the most heart rendering mehandi designs adopted in India is that of Bridal mehandi. Without the typical Bridal mehandi design, the brides look is incomplete. These bridal mehandi patterns are adorned and cherished by every Indian bride. It makes the bride feel special every moment as long as the mehandi stays on her hands. The rich aroma of mehandi in weddeings has been lingering for generations in the Indian society and will continue to do. In many wedding ceremonies, application of mehandi on a bride’s hand is celebrated with a lot of pomp and show.
- The serenity attached to this mehandi design speaks loudly about the grace associated with a bride. The thickness possessed by the linings of mehandi depicts the firmness with which a female can encounter all the problems coming her family’s way.
- Mehandi has a lot of symbolic importance. It is being said that the darker the mehandi turns out to be, the greater the amount of love a girl will receive from her beloved. Mehandi also symbolizes prosperity and happiness which a marriage will offer to the bride, groom and to their respective families.
- Mehandi design when blended with gold or any kind of bangle looks fabulous and just leaves everyone speechless. This outstanding design gracefully covers the hand while leaving the nails for a contrasting decoration.
Black Tattoo Mehandi Designs for Hands
Black Tatto mehandi is the latest fashionable trend in the market. The material used for making the tattoo is natural henna with no side effects as compared to the traditional tattoo making mechanism, which is quite rash for your skin.
Tattoo mehandi has been influenced by bold art and celebrates womanhood stylishly. Tattoo mehandi has no limitations when being contrasted with the advantages offered by contemporary tattoo making methods. It offers the flexibility to choose any tattoo design of your choice, if you know how to work with the mehandi cone.
This magnificent black mehandi tattoo is a treat for the eyes of tattoo lovers. Packed with flowers as well as edgy arcs, this pattern is one of the choicest combinations ever seen. The neatly carved out design retains clear cut outlines and will satisfy one’s urge for being different from others. Moreover, black gets more provocative when it forms the base color of the mehandi, an important tip for those in love or newly married.
- Such tattoo mehandi designs are simplistic yet powerful enough for drawing other people’s attention to you. They are suitable for every occasion and venue – party hall or workplace.
- One can also spread this design all over the palm or arm. More fashionable elements can be added to the trail of flowers and arcs easily.
- Tattoo mehandi designs are also capable of relating to one’s unique style and give him/her the freedom to express it as well.
Glitter Mehandi Designs for Hands
Glitter mehandi design is the latest ‘IT’ craze among the young crowd. What is making it so popular is – its scintillating effect. The special attribute of glitter mehandi, is it goes well with any apparel – be it a lehanga, saree, salwar suit or even long skirts with tops. Glitter mehandi designs are easy to apply, contrary to the belief. Even a beginner can apply it with much fineness.
There are two styles to apply Glitter mehandi:
- Glitter material is mixed with the mehandi paste and then applied like a regular mehandi.
- Regular mehandi is applied first. After it gets dried up, the glitter gel is used for selective highlighting of specific areas.
- Glitter mehandi designs are classy and flamboyant at the same time.
- The delicate floral when zipped up with glitzy bursts of bright blue, is simply heart rendering and will really get you sold on the idea.
- The dual effect of mehandi and glitter will look great on festive occasions, wedding celebrations, family functions or even corporate traditional parties.
- This season, let this bright and sparkling mehandi be your partner in style. This blend of mehandi with glitter can also enable you to wear your slogan and flaunt it off coolly.
Arabic Mehandi Designs for Hands
- Simple Arabic mehandi designs are a perfect pick to equal your look for a wedding, festival or any other traditional occasion. For those who have been mere spectators of mehandi, this particular design can blossom abundant love in their hearts for mehandi.
- There is liveliness and excitement associated with each Arabic mehandi Design.
- Beauty is at its best in these marvelous Arabic mehandi designs. It is a clutter free and extremely organized design.
- Multiple floral and leave designs are interlaced with curvy semi circular arcs flow freely all through the hand. Arabic mehandi desing for hands are best suited during a mehandi ceremony.
- Arabic mehandi designs are a strategic explosion of style and beauty.
- Arabic mehandi designs continue to dominate the global space of mehandi designs. Arabic mehandi designs are just a cornucopia of mehandi patterns. So do not stop at one design, dive into all of them one by one.
Multicolor Mehandi Designs for Hands
Creativity is at its best in this spectacular multicolored mehandi design. The choice of colors can be customized as per one’s taste. The multicolored mehandi design will always impart a girlish touch to one’s personality. It is possible to carry this mehandi comfortably without any strain at all. Care should be taken in choosing good quality materials for studding up the mehendi. Else it will be difficult to sustain mehandi in event of excessive sweating. One must also be cautious about staying away from the flame or heat, since this will also melt away the binding adhesives present in the shimmer materials.
- This multicolored mehandi design is meant for the trendy mistresses who have a highly energetic aura associated with their personality. Embellished with stones and sparkles, this mehandi is way different from the plaintive conventional mehandi designs.
- In such multicolored mehandi designs, it is quite important to keep proper space between the mehandi linings for proper filling of colors or sparkles.
- Mehandi linings are some what appearing as the outer border of the colored fillings. The dark mehandi linings are encompassing the mushy filling materials and also preventing them from falling apart.
- The multicolored mehandi designs can be shaped in the form of themes as well. You can exhibit some of your choicest art and cultural designs against contrasting backgrounds.
Bangle Mehandi Designs for Hands
As the name suggests, the bangle mehandi consists of circular shaped patterns which are similar to bangles. Deriving its inspiration from regular bangles, this mehendi design is quite rich in its appearance and appeal. It reflects the sentimental side of a female just like a bangle does. As many as different varieties of bangles exist, so is the number of bangle mehandi designs. Some of the bangle mehandi designs can be re-modified with changes on the periphery and it will look like an entirely new design.
Impeccable is one word which can define bangle mehandi well. Bangle mehandi also provides ample space to fill in your choicest elements of vivid colors.
- In this bangle mehandi design, the fingertips have been beautifully covered with miniature bangle shaped designs. The peer shaped extensions add immense grace to the charismatic bangle mehandi design.
- Thick dots of mehandi resemble the bindi worn by Indian females on their foreheads. It speaks about the poise possessed by Indian females and also the passion with which a female puts on the bangles.
Rajasthani Mehandi Designs for Hands
Rajasthani mehandi designs are way different from the league. Rajasthani mehandi designs are truly distinctive. The hands are heavily filled with such arresting Rajasthani mehandi designs; your eyes will just get stuck over them. Elements which are of relevance in Indian culture are generally used in this type of mehandi design.
Rajasthani mehandi designs also have a lot of commercial importance. Especially those who tour in Rajasthan, make it a appoint to definitely get a Rajasthani mehandi design imprinted on their hands.
If you ever want to participate in Mehandi competitions then definitely opt for Rajasthani mehandi designs. It will surely land you in a winning situation because of their mass appealing attribute.