Fashion is ever evolving and not every style can cement a permanent spot in its history. Denim is one of those few everlasting trends that have managed to stay cool over the years. It no longer refers to a pair of jeans – skirts, dresses, jumpsuits, shirts and accessories have all enjoyed the denim trend.
A classic versatile wardrobe staple – it is not easy to get the denim shirt style right. But with our tips on how to style the denim shirt, you will rock this look.
Make structured ensembles more relaxed or stay casually chic – denim shirts for women can portray different attitudes when teamed up with a variety of bottoms and accessories. It can either convey the rough and tough look or a refined high fashion statement. It is a must have in your style file, for easy glamour and comfort. Wear denim with denim or team it up with florals to stay in trend. The denim shirt is no more just a cowboy style. From work to party and a girls-day-out, you can find many ways to wear this humble garment.
5 Ways to wear the Women Denim Shirts:
Denim on Denim – Before you decide to judge this as boring, consider wearing different washes for the top and bottom. The stronger the contrast; the better – for example, a loose light blue or white shirt with dark skinny jeans. Wear the shirt as a jacket, paired up with a vibrant or sequined tank top and jeans.
Metallic accessories are ideal for the elegant chic look, while chunky colourful accessories will give you the free-spirited fashionista attitude.
Try trendy high-heeled boots or shoes with the blue denim shirt on denim style to tone down the ultra-casual look.
Denim Shirt with Pants
Try the denim shirt with classic trousers, leather pants or leggings. These can be easily styled according to different occasions.
- For a casual business look, team up a fitted formal denim shirt with black, khaki, grey or pinstripe trousers. Throw in a structured white, grey or navy blazer. Complete the look with simple jewellery – stud earrings, simple chain and locket – and closed toe heels or flats.
- Pair up fitted leather pants with slouch denim shirts for an edgy rock ’n’ roll attitude. Wear lace-up boots and funky accessories. If you want a little feminine touch, leave the shirt open to show off a stylish tank top.
- Wear leggings with long tunic styled denim shirts. This style can be either casual or edgy – black legging will tone things down, while vibrant or metallic leggings will keep it funky.
Denim Shirts with shorts and Capri
Printed, textured or plain, shorts and capris can be styled with denim shirts for a casual summer look.
- Loud prints like bold grey and white stripes will work well since the denim shirt is fairly simple. If you are looking for an ultra-casual look, simply pair it up with a khaki Capri/shorts.
- Make sure you choose well fitted shorts/capri to go with loose denim shirts and vice versa.
- White shorts and capris will work with a denim shirt of any wash – classic blue or medium washed is the best choice. Non-distressed clean-cut denim shirts are ideal.
- Avoid flashy footwear and stick to flats sandals for this look.
Denim Shirts with Skirts
Denim shirts are definitely not girly. If you are looking for feminine style, pair them up with skirts.
- Flowy maxi skirts are in trend and works well with denim shirts. Pick Bohemian style maxi in white, brown for a clean non-distressed denim shirt. Either use fitted denim shirts or use a belt to create form with a loose denim shirt. You can also, pair it up with a tank top and use the denim shirt as a jacket.
- Floral prints and lace skirts contrast well with the boyish denim shirt style. You can either use maxis or fitted short skirts.
- For the fall/winter, match a pencil skirt with a denim shirt and leggings with boots.
- Wear classy footwear for this style. Studded sandals, colorful flats, kitten heels and trendy boots works well.
Denim Shirts with Dresses
Formal work wear, LBD or summer dress – the denim shirt can spice up all these looks.
- With a formal office dress, wear a structured well-fitted denim shirt. Keep it unbuttoned like a jacket. Use simple accessories and closed toe heels for footwear.
- Make the LBD casual enough for the day by pairing it up with an open-button denim shirt. Keep it short or cropped to flatter the elegance of the dress.
- A light washed denim shirt adds new dimension to a fun flowy summer dress. For a maxi dress, use a loose denim shirt and knot it at the waist or belt it up. For shorter dress, use fitted cropped denim shirts and leave it open like a blazer.