Before anyone could realize the potential of belts, they had made their way to becoming the most sought-after accessory. No matter what your ensemble, belts are an effective means to bring out the personality of the outfit. Earlier belts were restricted to being inserted through the loops of a pair of jeans or trousers. But things have changed. Belts have been redesigned to suit different kinds of clothes and are no longer limited to being made in leather. Suede, rubber, plastic, cloth, shells and many other materials are used to make them these days. Belts have found a way to sit comfortably on the waist without the support of loops. Moreover they can be thrown over different items of clothing like dresses, roomy tops, skirts, shorts, long shirts etc. Belts remain the undefeated accessory to dress up an outfit.
Belts are available in so much of abundance in the market these days, that their classification is no small task. However for prospective buyers, these basic categorizations of the belts may be useful:
- Peplum – peplum belts are the season’s most popular accessory. It is versatile and enhances the aesthetic appeal of any apparel it is worn over. As the name implies, it has a frill that covers the waist completely, best suited for figure hugging clothes. Wear it with a pair of high-heeled boots and watch those jaws drop!
- Wide – For the women with slim body, wide belts make a powerful fashion statement.
- Skinny – skinny belts are a good choice for all body types and should ideally be worn lowon the waist.
- Metal – may be composed of chain links or metal plate work. Choose tones which are not too shiny as they might end up looking a tad tacky!
- Designer –brightly colored belts, elasticized belts, braided, printed, tied or two toned belts, designer belts have every option you might want.
If you aren’t sure about which belts to buy, here’s a quick guide to help you out:
- Try opting for belts which help conceal those extra pounds that make you conscious in case they are exposed.
- If you wear a low waist jeans or trouser then you should tuck in the top and flash a slim belt.
- Every woman has a different body structure. So it is a bit difficult to decipher the correct belt size. A careful study with a measuring tape may help. In case you cannot find a belt the length of which is exactly equal to your waist then go for a slightly longer belt.
- First pick the clothes, footwear, and other accessories required for complimenting the dress. Checkout the belts after you finish up with everything else. This will give you ample time to select the belt that suits you best, the exact color of your shoes and the style og your outfit to compliment your look and physique perfectly. You may even drop the idea of putting on a belt if you realize that your garb alone is flamboyant enough.
- If you weigh yourself and find that your BMI is not appropriate or you are overweight then belts are not the best accessory option for you. There are many other valuable accessories which can add zing to your personality. Some of the suggestions are bracelets, pendants, head-pieces, chain links, crystals, clutches, fringe bags etc.
Few expositions of the attitude a belt can bring to your personality:
An intricately designed belt with miniature petal and dot shaped leather panels all over. Wear it with a coral or floral dress and you will look fabulous!
Studded leather belt with a pull-back. Everyone is going to love this buckled look of yours over a casual outfit.
Adjustable metallic finish belt with chain linkage. A silky bustier with overlay jacket is a great companion for this belt.
Rich leather belt with a gleaming center buckle. Wear it over trousers and enjoy the attention from onlookers.
Trends can be fleeting but not these antique style belts. The scarf tucked within the belt is a charming twist.
The wide leather belt worn over a dress gives definition to your body. Cowl neck and other tops can be best accessorized with such waistbands.
Made of patent leather, this belt will instantly up your style quotient. Pair it with a stylish formal shirt.
Black, nylon belt featuring a stylish and metallic lobster claw hook closure. Team it with long tops or loose-fitting one piece dresses and that is all you need to look perfect!
This peplum belt desses up a plain skirt and top or trouser.
A neat piece in leather is exactly what a girl needs in her wardrobe any day of the week.. You can add this slim belt to denims, shorts or even a dress.
Go for the baby doll look with this brown belt that make this floozy dress hug you at the waist. We love the neck accessory and the bangs!
Spruce up your style with this minimalist leather belt. Best worn with western outfits while going to work or even to hangout with friends.
Stand out from the crowd in your double stranded belt made of smooth leather. It has a fixed loop and holes to fit any size and shape.
This classic black belt crafted out of nylon has a smart buckle. An amethyst gown when accompanied with it, will give you a dressed-up feel.
This double stranded sleek belt is Worn with a crisp, classic white shirt that you simply cant go wrong with!
This uncluttered waistband in shimmer brown is a must to own for every female. This belt will make you get noticed without having to try!
Look glamorous in winter wearing this grey colored belt in wool. It is the square peep-hole in the centre that lends it that much needed sophistication.
This stylish braided belt worn with an off-shoulder sky blue summer dress was made for date night, which we assure you could not go badly with you in this ensemble! The dressing options available with this belt are innumerable.