Every girl dreams of her wedding day to be the perfect memory of her lifetime. Wedding attire, decorations, jewellery, shoes and especially the D- day wedding makeup looks is something to dream off. The bride will want to work on every minute detail to be the cynosure of her prince charming. The countdown starts for the big day and the bride is thinking about the different bridal makeup looks to try at her wedding ceremonies and what bridal makeup tips to follow to keep her going all day long.
To be brides should follow the bridal makeup tutorial if they plan to do the makeup themselves and a few wedding makeup tips to look their best. Indian wedding makeup with all the heavy jewellery and heavily embellished bridal attire is incomplete without giving special importance to those bee stung lips, so here are helpful bridal makeup tips for the beautiful lips to speak volumes about you.
It is very important to give attention to the lips of the bride and the lip makeup should go along with the face makeup and the wedding attire as well. Asian bridal makeup and especially Indian wedding makeup demands for Lipstick shades of red and pink as they usually go well with Indian skin tone.
How to Choose the Perfect Lipstick Shade
Always choose the lipstick one or two shades darker than your natural lips. Try the lipstick shades before you buy a bunch. Try them on in white light rather then yellow light to know the shade better.
1. Dark Skin Tone:
Women with dark skin can always go for lipstick shades of Deep Plum, Red, Maroon, roster-pink, wine and chocolate colours.
2. Medium Skin Tone:
Mauves, Deep Burgundy, Berry, Roses can be a classic colour shades for women with medium or wheatish skin tone.
3. Fair Complexion:
Shades of Nudes, Pinks, Apricot and Light corals look good on women with fair complexion.
Step by Step Procedure to Apply Lipstick:
1. Foundation :
Apply a mild foundation as the base to keep your lipstick stay for a longer time and also for a smooth look concealing the fine lines on the lips. The foundation also helps to absorb the moisture from the lips retaining lipstick lips for a long time.
2. Lip Liner:
Outline the lip and make a perfect outline with one shade darker than your lipstick so that when you apply your lipstick then it would not smudge and you can easily apply the lipstick shade. But your choice is a light colour lipstick shade the always pick nude lip liners.
3. Lipstick :
With a lipstick brush fill the lips with your desired shade in gentle strokes.
Now, take a short-haired round brush to work on the edges. With this the bridal makeup lip is half way through.
4. Gloss :
Gloss is very important to complete the bridal lip-makeup. It could either be of lipstick shade or a sparkle nude shade to enhance the lipstick shade. Never confuse a lip-balm with a lip-gloss. Apply gloss as and when required.
Well, this is an option. You can apply a powdered bronzer to your lips for a classy look. It also gives a matte effect to your lips and helps in neutralizing the different products used.
Bridal Makeup Tips to Follow at Home for those Sensational Lips
Some of the very useful and easy-at-home bridal makeup tips of how to care for your lips for your ‘Big ‘day are here:
- Take honey, brown sugar, olive oil and mix together. Apply this paste on your lips and wash after 15 min on a regular basis for soft and natural pink lips.
- Take a slice of beet-root and rub its juice on your lips for 10 seconds in circular motion. This will improve the texture and colour of your lips.
- Take out the cream (‘malai’) from the ‘just’ boiled milk and keep in the freezer for a minute (avoid freezing) and apply on your lips. It is the best remedy to soften up your lips.
- Drink a lot of water because dehydration can actually take away the life of your soft and beautiful lips.
- Use a soft and mild make up remover or baby oil (yes, you heard it right) to wipe out the makeup from your lips and don’t wash immediately, let it stand for a while.
- Last but not the least apply lip moisturiser or lip balm with good SPF protection especially when you are going out.
- In Korea women practise ‘Ma Me Mi Mo Mu 10 times a day for their lips and cheeks. In addition to this, co-ordinated facial exercises can do wonders for your lips since its natural, healthy and harmless.
Here are some handy tips you can keep in your mind to not to spoil your lip –makeup.
- Use straw to drink during wedding ceremonies.
- From time –to-time, touch up your lips with the help of gloss and if required some lipstick as well which you can ask your best friend to do.
- Avoid foods that are sticky and in liquid form.
- Use fork and spoon so that the food goes directly inside your mouth and don’t mess up with your lips.
Please write your feedback about this article and what you would like to read..!!