Don’t care if it is summer or winter – seasons no bar for maxi skirts. Balancing gracefully between casual and glamorous, the maxi skirt stormed into trend a few seasons ago and has stayed in style since then. Think of flowy fabrics and pretty prints in the summer; fall/winter is chic with bold colours and animal prints. The super-feminine style is your breezy summer wardrobe fix.
Maxi Skirts For Summer
Maxi Skirts For Winters:
Related: Best Buy Denim Skirts
How to style a maxi skirt?
Answer: However you want to! Yes, it is easy as that. Just pay attention to what flatters your figure. From t-shirts and crop-tops to leather jackets and cashmere sweater, maxi skirts have a million styling options. You can style the same skirt for different occasions with a change in accessories too. Want more on this? Let’s find out the tricks and tips of getting the maxi style right.
A maxi skirt is simply an ankle length skirt that can both be lightweight and flowy or structured and figure hugging. Maxi’s can be easily called a timeless classic – women have worn these for centuries in every culture. If you thought that maxi are for tall slim women, you are in for a reality check. If paired with the right accessories and tops, maxi skirts can rock your look, irrespective of height. Choosing the right fabric and cut is equally important.
Here’s what you need to keep in mind when buying or styling a maxi skirt:
- Before buying a maxi skirt, try it out under good light. Walk and swish it around to check for comfort. If you are tripping, the skirt is too long – try a size smaller.
- Flowy Bohemian styles will add more volume to your figure – these will flatter those with a lean boyish frame. For the curvaceous ladies, structured styles are best.
- Fabric can also add weight – try out a variety to see what fabric drapes well on you.The best fabrics for maxi skirts include rayon crepe, cotton and silk chiffon.
- When selecting a top, consider the fit of your skirt first and not colour. A loose flouncy top with a flowy lightweight skirt will give you the balloon effect – not attractive for full figures.
- Choose a fitted top for the billowing skirts and looser tops for the fitted ones to create a contrast.
- Crop tops look great with maxi skirts – if you have a short frame, make sure to add high heels to your look to enhance your height.
- The slouchy tops are ideal for thin and tall frames. These work well with belts too – a wide one ideally. Layered tops also look good on this body type.
- Do not tuck in your top if it makes a slight bulge at the waist. Layering is ideal when you have to tuck in the t-shirt or shirt – wear leather crop jackets or cardigans.
- Do not match the texture of the skirt with the top – a t-shirt will always look better with a flowy skirt than a lightweight flowy top.
- When it comes to colour styling, monochrome is very sliming and enhances your height. Contrasting colours will divide your body – this looks good on tall frames only.
- Do not mix prints and patterns – a solid coloured top is best for a printed skirt. Avoid mix-match of stripes, spots, florals and diagonals.
- For petite figures, heels are a must when it comes to styling maxi skirts. Taller women can wear flats or pumps – heels are however an evening style. For the summer chic try colourful and comfortable footwear.
- Avoid loafers and other closed style footwear – they look frumpy with long skirts. Pointy toes and knee-high boots are not cool either. Stay away from clogs and sneakers too. Ankle-combat boots work well when paired with matching jacket and bag – this is more of a winter style though. Sandals are perfect for Bohemian skirts.
- Accessorize with care – large bags look good with a slim maxi skirt. Layered chunky neckpieces look good with a well-fitted crop top and flowy maxi.
- A leg split can make it easier for to move in a fitted skirt. Make sure the skirt just about grazes the top of your ankles. Anymore than that can ruin the skirt and also be tripping hazard for you.
Now let’s check out some super cool ways to flaunt the maxi trend:
Easy elegance – ideal for a cocktail party
Casual chic – ideal for everyday summer style
Breezy and vibrant – Ideal for beach parties or just a summer’s day out